Maintain Stainless Steel surface
Review our instructions for maintaining the surface of square and round tubing (buffing and refinishing). We recommend wearing nitrile exam gloves to protect your hands from getting dirty.
Caution: Wear protective ANSI approved safety glass, working gloves and breathing mask at all times.
- Nitrile exam gloves
- Scotch-Brite™ Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge
- 400-600 grit sand paper (can be found at car parts stores)
- Water or Stainless steel cleaner
- Wet the sponge with water or stainless steel cleaner
- Scrub the surface of the square tube in the same direction of the grain.
- Wet the sand paper with water or stainless steel cleaner
- Sand the scratched surface in the same direction of the grain.
- Clean the surface using a paper towel. Repeat until the desired finish is achieved.
NOTE: A small amount of surface corrosion is not uncommon after a some exposure to weather or salty conditions. We recommend using our passivation solution or some sort of stainless polish to keep any surface corrosion from happening; more information available on our Engineering Specs Page.